Meet the Weibrecht & Ecker Attorneys – NH Divorce and Family Law, Dover & Portsmouth NH
Get to know the Attorneys at Weibrecht & Ecker, trusted NH Divorce and Family Lawyers
KIMBERLY A. WEIBRECHT, ESQ./Managing Partner.
With twenty-three years of legal experience in the New Hampshire Seacoast area, including Dover, Rochester, and Portsmouth, I have tried and negotiated hundreds of civil and criminal cases and lead the team of NH lawyers in our Seacoast-based offices. My work has spanned District, Juvenile, Superior, and Supreme Courts and includes dozens of jury trials and bench trials, including high-stakes, complex felony jury trials. I have held several positions in the NH Judicial Branch and with Strafford County, and have worked as a national justice systems consultant and facilitator. My experience has given me varied perspectives of the legal system and has provided me with deep ties to the local Seacoast legal community.
My history of working with clients within the conventional Court system has given me a unique perspective and led me to the conclusion that traditional litigation is not always the most favorable means to achieve client goals. Fortunately, there are alternatives. I have dedicated the second half of my career to understanding and using various types of Alternative Dispute Resolution (ADR) practices with our clients, including Mediation and Collaborative Law.
In addition to my legal experience, I have a strong dedication to leadership in the New Hampshire legal/mediation community. My roles have included: Board Member and Co-Chair of the New Hampshire Collaborative Law Alliance, Co-Chair of the New Hampshire Bar Association – Section of Dispute Resolution, Chair of the Seacoast Collaborative Divorce Professionals, President of the Strafford County Bar Association, Board Member of the Charles C. Doe Inns of Court, and Board Member of the New Hampshire Public Defender’s Office.
- Trial Attorney for the New Hampshire Public Defender in Strafford County
- Attorney and Justice System advisor for Strafford County
- Judicial Law Clerk and Deputy Clerk of Court for the Strafford County Superior Court
- Judicial Law Clerk for the Honorable Joseph P. Nadeau at the New Hampshire Supreme Court
- National Consultant on Justice System Policy
- Author and contributor to several national justice system publications
- Faculty Member, National Judicial College, serving as an expert on judicial policy
- Received formal training in a variety of Alternative Dispute Resolution methods, including:
- Harvard School of Law, Negotiation Program: Mediation for Lawyers
- Multiple advanced trainings in Collaborative Divorce Law, including trainings in Ohio and Texas
- New Hampshire Certified Family Mediation Training
- Recipient of the New Hampshire Bar Association’s 2019 Vickie Bunnell Award for Distinguished Public Service
- Recognized as one of The Best Lawyers in America© in the practice areas of Family Law and Collaborative Law in 2020
Northeastern University School of Law
University of New Hampshire, Magna Cum Laude
JESSICA L. ECKER, ESQ./Partner.
I joined Weibrecht Law, PLLC after spending close to eight years working at a larger firm where I focused on family law but also handled real estate matters, probate litigation, guardianships, and commercial transactions. Spending time working in other practice areas has made me into a well-rounded family law practitioner and mediator, as family law often intersects with bankruptcy, business law, estate planning, and other areas of the law. I am a Certified Marital Mediator and trained collaborative law practitioner and am licensed to practice law in New Hampshire, Maine, and Massachusetts. My experience also includes complicated divorce and parenting cases involving multiple-day trials and family business division.
While I believe settlement through mediation or collaborative law is always preferable, I understand that there are times when, for one reason or another, it is not an option. In those cases, I am ready, willing, and able to aggressively litigate. I have lived in and worked in the Seacoast, New Hampshire area since I graduated law school and I enjoy giving back. I have served as President of the Rockingham County Bar Association and continue as a member, I am a member of the New Hampshire Collaborative Law Alliance, and I also volunteer with the Seacoast Kiwanis Club, a volunteer organization dedicated to improving the lives of children. I also currently serve as a board member of the New Hampshire Conflict Resolution Association.
- Private practice attorney
- Certified Marital Mediator
- Collaborative Law Practitioner in Maine and New Hampshire
- Member, New Hampshire Bar Association, Family Law Section
- Member, Maine Bar
- Member, Massachusetts Bar (inactive)
- Awarded Superlawyers “Rising Star,” 2013-2016
- Awarded New Hampshire Bar Association Pro Bono Rising Star, 2012
- Graduated from Albany Law School in 2006 and the University of New Hampshire in 2002, Magna Cum Laude.
MELISSA FAY, ESQ./Associate Attorney.
Prior to joining Weibrecht & Ecker Team in 2014, Melissa practiced a blend of Family Law and General Practice in New Hampshire for 16 years before taking a hiatus as an attorney. When Melissa first joined the firm, she was invaluable as our Senior Paralegal and we are proud to formally announce her in her new role of Associate Attorney. We are so excited to watch her continue exceeding client expectations while growing in her role with our team.
Want to learn more? Download our no-obligation Divorce and Family Options Report here.