Can I Change, Modify or Terminate Alimony in New Hampshire?

Weibrecht & Ecker - Family Law, Collaborative Law and Divorce Attorneys

In New Hampshire, alimony is modifiable in the event there is a substantial change in circumstances that was unforeseeable at the time of divorce.  This could be a change on either side (obligor or obligee).  So, for example, if a long-term employee of a company who was obligor of alimony got laid off unexpectedly, he may have cause to modify or terminate his alimony obligation.  Similarly, if either party unexpectedly became disabled, it may because to terminate alimony, or to increase or extend alimony.  If you have questions or concerns about changing the current alimony orders in your case, please contact us.